One elephant trunk becomes two trunks in this Photoshopped falsehood photo of a “Trunk Club Meeting.” I spent an hour photographing five elephants bathing in a lake, but it was a bright day, and the elephants didn’t really cooperate. But I got some good trunk photos out of it.
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Two very similar photos
- Exposure lowered
- Contrast raised
- Highlights and blacks lowered
- Shadows and whites raised
- Clarity, vibrance and saturation raised
- One photo flipped then masked into each other
- Use burn and dodge to change the lighting on one trunk
- Puppet-Warped one trunk to look different then the other
- Post-crop vignette added to try to milk some interest out of this photo.
I like to think that there were two elephants making-out underneath, trying to get some privacy from weird-middle-aged-ginger-photographing-tourists.
I never know when I am done in Photoshop. The nice thing about “A Photo A Day” is you are forced to move on. I think I went to far on this one, but its hot out today, and I’m avoiding cleaning my studio. Does anyone know hot to get ferrofluid and paint off a ceiling fan?