Today “Space Bacteria Attack!” or MCT oil floating on water reflects different colors from underneath.
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Nikon 105mm f/2.8
- Exposure, contrast, shadows and blacks raised
- Highlights and blacks lowered
- Clarity vibrance and saturation raised
- Medium contrast tone curve
- Sharpening raised with masking
- Lens corrections added
- Cleaned up any specs and other issues with the cloning brush
- Did a curves adjustment for the darks and the lights
I have wanted to try “oil floating on water” photos for a while. I found some clear coconut MCT oil and thought that would help with the weird yellow color cast I usually see on such shots.
To make the outlines more pronounced I used a bit of dishwasher detergent in the water.
Getting the bubbles and the outline in focus at once proved problematic, I tried to get different focused shots to stack, but the oil refused to stay still long enough to get more then one shot.