I caught an “Exploding Paint Heart” last summer when I was photographing exploding balloons covered in paint…
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Flashes set at 1/128th
- Exposure, contrast and highlights raised
- Shadows and blacks lowered
- Raised clarity, vibrance and saturation
- Sharpening Raised
- Lens corrections
I had to clear the background out of splats first.
I didn’t like how the paint was weighted too much to one side…
So I stole some of this photo for the right side.
So I added it on top.
Then I cloned over some splatter to fill any vacant areas,
Added a levels adjustment,
Then a vibrance adjustment,
Then I rounded off this explosion with a bunch of hue/saturation adjustments.
I spent a long time trying to fix the background on this photo, next time I should either swap it out or insure the flashes don’t illuminate the background.
I’ll have to revisit doing this again sometime soon, I just have to get some more plastic so I can re-erect my paint tent.
And as usual I find the details of the photo interesting, even if you cant really see them on your phone right now… Click to see close-ups!