Today we take a “Colorized Rorschach Test” as ink is dropped into water, and the photo is dropped into Photoshop…
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8
- Rotated 180 degrees
- Exposure and shadows Lowered
- Highlights, clarity, vibrance and saturation raised
- Dodged out the background and converted to a smart object
- Copied the image to another layer
- Flipped the top layer horizontally
- Masked out one side of the top layer
- Masked out any spillover and any weirdness on the transition line
- Stretched the image vertically to be less square
The upside to mirroring these shots, is I can make a completely new photo out of the other side… Bonus!
A day later I’ve realized the photo is much cooler if I hadn’t flipped it… Bummer.