Today we “Pass the ‘Christmas Cheer'” as we drop a square ice cube into a glass of whiskey in an attempt to make a interesting bottle photo with the booze I purchased to get me through the holiday season.
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8
Three exposures. One to get the label in focus and another to get the glass in focus, then one to get the splash. For some reason the flash behind the bottle didn’t fire for the splash photo. Typical!
- Raised contrast, highlights and shadows
- Lowered whites and blacks
- Raised clarity, vibrance and saturation
- Used the adjustment brush to dodge any background issues out
- Opened as layers and cloned out the out of focus shots, and clones in the splash
- Expanded the canvas
I was going to wet down the bottle to look like it was just out of the fridge, but I thought that most people don’t chill their whiskey. I had already sprayed the bottle with protective lacquer, so the label is a little messed up. I’m probably not going to get a free case from CC.