In this photo a Beast Mines Microgametophytes, or a butterfly sucks up flower juice.
(Straight Out Of Camera)
Nikon 105mm F/2.8
- Exposure and contrast raised
- Highlights and blacks lowered
- Shadows and whites raised
- Clarity and vibrance raised
- Saturation lowered
- Sharpened with masking
- Lens corrections
- Cropped and rotated
- Filled empty spots with “content aware fill”
- Burnt a vignette around the edges of the photo to focus interest on the beast.
Well that went well, but with a gallery of butterfly photos, to make this one stand out I tried different tones and curves, but settled on the original…
After all I didn’t buy a state of the art camera to just add an Instragram-like filter onto my shots.